- DINING GUIDE (280)
- * Receive discount with VSSJ membership (10)
- New Jersey (239)
- Atlantic County (7)
- Bergen County (4)
- Burlington County (39)
- Camden County (43)
- Cape May County (17)
- Cumberland County (3)
- Millville (3)
- Essex County (4)
- Gloucester County (3)
- Hudson County (1)
- Jersey City (1)
- Hunterdon County (7)
- Mercer County (16)
- Middlesex County (39)
- Monmouth County (19)
- Morris County (7)
- Ocean County (6)
- Somerset County (18)
- Union County (5)
- Warren County (1)
- Phillipsburg (1)
- Pennsylvania (37)
- Restaurant reviews (3)
- Veg Level (266)
- DISCOUNT COUPONS (2)
- EVENTS (6)
- Intro (4)
- RECIPES (10)
- VSSJ's 25th ANNIVERSARY Sept 18, 2011 (27)
- DINING GUIDE (280)
Author Archives: Admin
WELCOME to the VEGETARIAN SOCIETY of SOUTH JERSEY’s “VEGGIE DINING” blog.
VSSJ’s Veggie Dining blog is replacing both VSSJ’s original dining guide and the restaurant guide at NJveg.com. We hope to eventually list all veggie dining options in South Jersey, Philadelphia, and surrounding area restaurants. We feature restaurants offering a discount for members of VSSJ. We welcome additions and corrections. If you are able to help maintain the guide, please contact us at TheVSSJ@gmail.com.
The Dining Guide is organized by State (NJ or PA), County (NJ only), and City. You can also select restaurants that are solely vegetarian or vegan (by selecting “Veg Level”), and those that offer the discounts. To browse the guide, click on the plus sign (+) to the left of “Dining Guide” near the top right.
Other blog categories include discount coupon links, recipes, and VSSJ events.
We’re looking forward to your contributions and comments as well! To learn more about the group, please visit vssj.com.
VSSJ DINNER at the BURLINGTON COUNTY COLLEGE CULINARY CENTER
Monday April 6, 6pm
1 High St, Mt Holly NJ 08060
Join VSSJ for a special dinner, prepared by BCCCC culinary students!
Diners will have a choice of 5 appetizers, 5 entrees, and 2 or 3 desserts (all vegan).
Seating from 6pm to 6:45pm (please note that arrivals after 7pm may not be served).
Please contact us by 3/29 regarding gluten-free and other options.
Pre-payment is required by Sunday March 29.
VSSJ members: $22; Non-members: $25. Please register at http://vssj.com.
For more info, please contact us at email@example.com or 609-848-VEG1 (8341). Tentative menu:
1st course-pick one
- Carrot curry soup with tarragon oil
- Bibb and endive salad with tomato and green apple dressing
- Wedge salad with pickled cucumbers and carrots; white balsamic vinaigrette
- White bean dip with homemade pita
2nd course-pick one
- Smoked portobello with quinoa and asparagus
- Deep fried tofu with soba noodles and vegetables
- Curried vegetables with basmati rice
- Barley risotto with black beans, cilantro, jalapeno, lemon zest
- 3 bean chili with vegan corn bread
3rd course-pick one
- Fresh Berries with mint, vanilla simple syrup, lemon zest
- Coffee granita
- Canteloupe soup with lime zest
There are plenty of gluten free options!
Hours: M-Sa 11am-9pm; Su 11am-8pm
Veg options include veggie burger, kale & quinoa bowls, salads
Offers 10% discount to VSSJ members.
For membership information, click here.
135 N 9th St
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Hours: Daily 11:30am-11:30pm
Vegan, Kosher, Chinese<
Offers 15% discount to VSSJ members.
For membership information, click here.
VSSJ has been increasing its social media presence. We have an established group on Facebook with over 300 members, and recently introduced a Facebook page. We also started a Twitter presence, and have now added in Google+ & LinkedIn as well. We invite you to join us on some (or all) of these, and please feel free to invite your friends and family. Links are listed below.
If you’re available to volunteer, we need your help in maintaining these, and also establishing a VSSJ presence on other social media. Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook group: http://facebook.com/groups/
Facebook page: http://facebook.com/TheVSSJ
LinkedIn group: https://linkedin.com/groups?
LinkedIn profile: https://linkedin.com/profile/
Sunday, September 18 2011, 2pm-7pm
We have been in South Jersey for 25 YEARS and we are ready to CELEBRATE!!
EVERYONE ATTENDING receives a swag bag with lots of goodies to take home. For a sneak peek of some of the items that will be included click here: http://www.vssj.com/veggiedining/category/25th-anniversary/auction-door-prize-items/swag-bags-view-some-of-the-free-items-you-will-receive
WE HAVE LOTS OF FOOD for you to eat so come hungry 😮
When you first arrive you will experience our International Gourmet Appetizer Reception sponsored by Whole Foods Market in Marlton, NJ , Blackbird Pizzeria and others. Get a preview of some of the delicious food: http://www.vssj.com/veggiedining/category/25th-anniversary/food/internatl-gourmet-appetizer-reception and it’s VEGAN !!
Then there’s DINNER – at around 4:30pm you will have the opportunity to enjoy a delicious meal Catered by Miss Rachel’s Pantry. For more details: http://www.vssj.com/veggiedining/category/25th-anniversary/food/catered-dinner
During the event:
- You will have the opportunity to hear from some very knowledgeable speakers. To see who’s coming: http://www.vssj.com/veggiedining/category/25th-anniversary/special-features/speakers
- We will be giving away door prizes!
- You will have fun bidding on your favorites at our E bay style AUCTION. To see some of the items: http://www.vssj.com/veggiedining/category/25th-anniversary/auction-door-prize-items
- You’ll have time to browse our vendor tables. Need to relax? You can have a 10 minute seated massage. Love to read? Browse the American Vegan Society’s book sale, plus more!
- What’s a celebration without music?? Look who’s coming with a few of their favorites to share with us http://www.vssj.com/veggiedining/category/25th-anniversary/special-features/music
ALL OF THIS FOR ONLY $40 ($35 for ACTIVE paid VSSJ members)
REGISTER NOW! PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY SEPT 9TH – SO HURRY!!(after the 9th call for availability 1-877-999-8775) Limited seating www.vssj.com
Sunday, September 18, 2011, 2pm-7pm
Collingswood Community Center
30 Collings Ave, Collingswood, NJ 08108
(convenient access to Patco train station)
VOLUNTEER, ADVERTISE in our Event Program or BECOME A SPONSOR.
For more info: email@example.com, 877-999-8775.
VENDOR SPACES available. Contact Janet 856-596-3269 Janet@janeterickson.com