Here’s What’s Happening in the Plant-Based World This Week:
- A licensed psychotherapist and 20-year ethical vegan writes about her experience raising a vegan child/teenager, and offers advice and resources to parents.
- Vegan Fine Foods, an all-vegan grocery store in Florida, has announced plans to expand after selling over $1.2 million worth of vegan products in just 15 months. The store stocks over 4,000 vegan products and has served over 35,000 customers since it opened in March 2018.
- Serbian tennis player, Novak Djokovic, won Wimbledon this past week, and he has stated that his plant-based diet has made his recovery time faster.
- Djokovic is also involved with forthcoming documentary, The Game Changers, (he is co-producing alongside James Cameron and Jackie Chan) about the rise of plant-based eating in sports. On the documentary, slated to be released on September 16, Djokovic has said, “It is about how this diet affects the world, not just personal health, but also sustainability, ecology, animals. This is what I care about, so I’m really privileged to be part of that team.”
- Throwback: Revisiting a post VegNews published back in January about 5 Ways to Become a (Better) Vegan in 2019. We’re halfway through the year. How are you doing with this?