What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 09/13/20
- On why expanding alpaca farming is not a sustainable future, for both the animals’ sake and the health of the planet. Read more.
- Why Black Americans are more likely to be vegan. Read more.
- After recently announcing she no longer follows a vegan diet, Miley Cyrus has credited eating fish with helping her brain function properly. Here’s why fish isn’t health food. Read more.
- Filmmaker Kevin Smith and his daughter Harley Quinn have launched a podcast all about veganism called Vegan Abattoir. Read more.
- Just because you’re a vegetarian, doesn’t mean your diet is automatically healthy. Read more.
- The Chicago-based National Vegetarian Museum has announced plans to become The Vegan Museum. The announcement came on September 2nd to coincide with the 110th birthday of Donald Watson, founder of the Vegan Society. The Museum was founded in 2017 and is the only institution chronicling the rich history of the vegetarian movement. Read more.