What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 09/27/20
- Penn vegetarian and vegan students speak out on the lack of plant-based options for campus dining. Read article.
- Two French biology students have created Les Merveilloeufs, an egg replacement that looks and acts as well as the hen’s egg it mimics. Development took 3 years and involved over 50 test recipes. Read article.
- An interview with football player Cam Newton, during which he clears up a number of misconceptions about being a vegan, including the idea he just “picks up grass” and eats it with dressing. Read article.
- Vegan artist Lizzo becomes the first plus-sized Black woman to feature on Vogue‘s cover. Read article.
- PETA rounds up a list of LGBTQ+-owned brands to support that take pride in being vegan. Read article.
- UK-based company Vivera has announced plans to double its factory size due to “unprecedented demand” for its vegan products. The company, which recently celebrated its 30th anniversary, expects to triple its turnover by 2025. Read article.