What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 11/15/20
- Philadelphia is getting a new vegan eatery later this week! The pop-up, Primary Plant Based, is based out of the kitchen at Khyber Pass Pub in Old City. Only takeout will be available, starting on 11/20. Read more.
- Gavin Rossdale of British rock band Bush recently shared with Men’s Health that he and his family are cutting back on meat as a way to save the planet. “Meat is just not as good to us as we’re led to believe,” the singer-songwriter said. Read more.
- Deborah Madison, writer of over a dozen best-selling vegetarian cookbooks, has a new memoir out, An Onion in My Pocket: A Life with Vegetables. In this interview, she discusses her life in cooking, her advocacy for organic and sustainable agriculture, and why she doesn’t like the “vegetarian” label. Read more.
- Former WWE wrestler Ryback Reeves has revealed to his 1.4 million followers that he has been following a vegan diet for two months. “I’m learning so much about the Vegan community and they are truly unbelievable people with such compassion and loving hearts,” he shared. Read more.
- Thistle has launched a holiday hotline to help consumers veganize their Thanksgiving menu. During the pandemic, the meal delivery service’s orders for its plant-based meals have spiked, and so the company wanted to create a resource for those who may be cooking a vegan Thanksgiving for the first time. Read more.
Add a Comment