What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 01/03/21
- Taking the vegan plunge in 2021? VegNews has some great advice just for you. Read more.
- Plant-based people have many questions about COVID-19 vaccination, notably “is it vegan?” A group of top vegan doctors provides both answers and some needed perspective. Read more.
- Barcelona-based vegan meat brand Heura recently won a prominent Spanish award for entrepreneurs. CEO Marc Coloma said, “Traditions need to be updated and we are making better meat that responds to global challenges. Nothing has more strength than an idea whose time has come and now is the time for vegan meat.” Read more.
- Teresa Chin looks back on the “loneliness” of being the sole vegetarian in her family in the 1990s, compared to the “family affair” trend she sees in 21st century plant-based eating. Read more.
- A new report commissioned by the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment has found that eating a vegan diet does not lead to a “ubiquitous vitamin and mineral deficiency.” Read more.