What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 02/21/21
- Meet Bob and Fran German, an octogenarian couple who switched to a whole-food, plant-based diet 15 years ago. They credit the decision with saving their lives, and in this interview, they share their secrets to longevity. Read more.
- Restaurateur Ravi DeRossi, who went vegan in 2016, opened 3 new vegan restaurants in New York City on Valentine’s Day. The restaurants include Southern and soul food-oriented Cadence, Mexican concept Etérea, and a vegan pasta bar Soda Club. Read more.
- Plant-based doctor Gemma Newman recently appeared on Dr. Rangen Chatterjee’s prominent health podcast “Feel Better Live More” to discuss the benefits of a whole-food plant-based diet. Dr. Newman, author of The Plant Power Doctor shared how her own health has greatly improved since she prioritized plants over other vegan foods that are “ultra-processed.” Read more.
- A new report issued by London-based think tank Chatham House has found that biodiversity loss is accelerating at an alarming pace, and that the global food system is the primary cause. The report calls for 3 broad-based solutions: a shift to plant-based eating, the restoration of native ecosystems, and adopting less intensive farming practices. Read more.
- Valentine’s Day may be over, but let the romance live on! Did you know, though, that ditching dairy might help in that department? Read more.