What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 03/07/21
- The Vegan Review reviews the best vegan eateries around the state. Picks include Kaya’s Kitchen and Wildflower Vegan Cafe–both are restaurants to which your VSSJ membership will score you a discount! Read more.
- A Q&A with nutritionist Natalie Rizzo about a vegan approach to the ketogenic diet. Read more.
- In the mood for vegan doughnuts? The Philadelphia Inquirer investigates all the best options available right here in the Philly area. Read more.
- Black-owned vegan meat brand Everything Legendary recently appeared on Shark Tank, and impressed panelist Mark Cuban so much the entrepreneur invested $300,000. The patties, inspired by the founders’ mother’s cooking, contain a blend of coconut oil, potato starch, beet extract, and hemp protein. Read more.
- Hayek Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon had become the world’s first hospital to serve only plant-based meals to patients. “Our patients will no longer wake up from surgery to be greeted with ham, cheese, milk, and eggs … the very food[s] that may have contributed to their health problems in the first place,” the hospital posted to Instagram. Read more.