What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 03/28/21
- French diary company Bel Brands, maker of BabyBel, is launching its own vegan cheese line. Nurishh will include six flavors and two formats: mozzarella, provolone, and cheddar slices and mozzarella, cheddar, and mozzarella/cheddar blend shreds. Read more.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer investigates the best local options for vegan wings. Read more.
- Actresses Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough have launched a vegan wine brand. “We created Fresh Vine Wine with the intention of finding a balance between your active routine and enjoying those other moments with your friends with a glass of delicious wine that you can count on,” the pair shared. Read more.
- In an interview with UK-based Sunday Times, actor Orlando Bloom has divulged his daily routine, noting he is “90% plant-based…I sometimes look at a cow and think, ‘That’s the most beautiful thing ever.’” Read more.
- Meet Jason Sizemore. A former principal of an Allentown, PA elementary school, he stepped down in 2019 to open Butterhead Kitchen with the aim to offer in-person vegan cooking classes in people’s homes. Just as the company got up and running, however, COVID-19 hit, and Sizemore pivoted quickly, shifting his classes to an online format. He found an unexpected audience of new students, who wanted to learn how to cook vegan at home and do it in a pandemic-friendly way. Read more.