What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 04/11/21
- Save Ralph, a stop motion animation short film starring Taika Waititi, Zac Efron, and Ricky Gervais, is now available to watch in full on YouTube. The short focuses on Ralph, a rabbit talking about his experiences as a cosmetic test animal. Read more.
- Impossible Foods is launching its first television advertising campaign, “We Are Meat.” Aimed at meat-eaters, the campaign has a simple message: Impossible Burger is meat for meat lovers—made from plants. Read more.
- Meet Lenworth Anderson, a 61-year-old father, athlete, and recent Instagram star after posting a training video to which followers commented he looks “all of 25-years-old.” He credits his plant-based diet in helping him to excel. Read more.
- London has been named the most “vegetarian [city] in Europe” by a survey commissioned by property database Nestpick. 6 European cities made the list. Read more.
- Dunkin’ is adding over 40 vegan doughnut varieties to its menus. Unfortunately, they will only be available in Europe for now, but the company has indicated vegan doughnuts may be on the way to US locations soon. Read more.