What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 05/16/21
- Over a dozen celebrities with connections to NJ have signed a letter to NJ state legislature supporting a bill that would end gestation and veal crates in the state. Read more.
- Indian-American chef Priyanka Naik has released her debut cookbook The Modern Tiffin – On-the-Go Vegan Dishes with a Global Flair. “Vegetables can indeed be the star of the dish, rather than merely a forgotten side dish.” Read more.
- Dinner chain Johnny Rockets, which has several NJ and PA locations, has added plant-based cheeseburgers and vegan milkshakes to over 80 participating US locations. Read more.
- An interview with Kris and Randy Sumey, who opened Havertown-based restaurant Boardwalk Vegan last fall in the midst of the pandemic. Read more.
- Jessica Seinfeld has announced she will be releasing her fifth cookbook this fall. Titled Vegan, At Times, it will feature all plant-based recipes. “Sometimes we eat healthy and sometimes we don’t. If you can eat vegan food a few days a week, you will feel better, have more energy, do good for animals and the planet.” Read more.