What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 05/23/21
- The Philadelphia Sun‘s “What’s Cookin’?” column recently featured a vegan butternut squash mac and cheese bake recipe that looks mighty tasty! Read more.
- Dr. Bronner’s, of “all-in-one soap” fame, has announced the company will be releasing a vegan chocolate bar line later this summer to retailers nationwide. The organic bars are made with fair-trade chocolate, come in 6 flavors, and support regenerative agriculture. Read more.
- An interview with Slutty Vegan founder Pinky Cole. “When people come up to me and say that they’ve never had plant-based food and they never thought that they would even be open to trying it, but coming to Slutty Vegan gave them an opportunity to do that, it shows me that I’m really walking in my purpose.” Read more.
- Meet Andrea Meza, the 26-year-old software engineer who recently represented Mexico in the 69th annual Miss Universe pageant. Meza is the first vegan contestant to be crowned Miss Universe, and is using her platform to bring global awareness to the benefits of a plant-based diet. Read more.
- Bryan Adams and Joanna Lumley are among the celebrities supporting Million Dollar Vegan’s latest food aid campaign. The campaign intends to donate 100,000 vegan meals across 9 cities in India, a country currently struggling amid a devastating second wave of COVID-19. Read more.
Add a Comment