What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 05/30/21
- Nutritionist Tracye McQuirter well surpassed her intended goal of helping 10,000 Black women go vegan through her free 21-day online program, ultimately providing nutritional guidance and support to over 15,000 in 2020. Read more.
- International beauty brand TRESemmé has announced its products will begin displaying the PETA-approved cruelty-free logo in January 2022. VegNews investigates whether the company is also going vegan in addition to cruelty-free. Read more.
- Despite his past negative comments about veganism, Gordon Ramsey’s popular show Hell’s Kitchen will feature two plant-based chefs for the first time ever in the upcoming season–Emily Hersh and Josie Clemens. Read more.
- Here is a round-up of the best vegan deals ever made on the hit tv show Shark Tank. Read more.
- In her latest short film, For Nature, climate activist Greta Thunberg warns that if people don’t switch to a vegan diet, “humanity is f***ed.” In the inspiring film, Thunberg highlights how the global health crisis, ecological crisis, and climate crisis were all connected thanks to the industrialization of animal agriculture for human consumption. Read more.