What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 06/06/21
- June 5th was National Veggie Burger Day. The Vegetarian Resource Group has a bunch of homemade vegan burger recipes, plus a whole slew of condiment ideas, to try out today. Read more.
- Two Southeastern PA shops made VegNews’s Best US Vegan Donuts list–Vegan Treats’ Chicken and Waffles in Bethlehem, and Dotties Donuts’ Boston Cream in Philadelphia. Check out the whole list. Read more.
- RxBar is rolling out a vegan version of its uber-popular protein bar. To start, the plant-based bars will be available in two flavors: chocolate chip and peanut butter. Read more.
- VT-based farmed animal refuge VINE Sanctuary is celebrating Pride Month by challenging LGBTQ+ people and their friends and family to “Eat the Rainbow” by going vegan for the month of June. The challenge is free and open to everyone. Read more.
- Popular toy company Mattel has rolled out “PlayBack,” a recycling program that will recover and recycle old toys into new ones. The program is part of the company’s pledge to use 100% recycled, recyclable, or bio-based plastics by 2030. Read more.