What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 06/20/21
- Track star Kaylin Whitney will compete this weekend in the US Olympic Track Trials, with hopes to secure a spot on the US team for the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. She credits her vegan diet keeping her going during her grueling training days. Read more.
- New research funded by the US National Institutes of Health has found that, for most people, plant-based fake meat products are a nutritious choice. The study advises choosing products that match your own health and nutritional goals. Read more.
- Black and female-owned vegan ice cream shop Whipped Urban Dessert Lab is launching a limited-edition flavor in honor of Juneteenth. “Taste of Freedom” is inspired by Booker T. Washington’s autobiography Up From Slavery, and is available for purchase online. Read more.
- Plant-based milk brand Better Than Milk® is on a mission to “change the way we think about a healthy sustainable lifestyle for both ourselves and for the Earth.” Read more.
- An interview with Haile Thomas, an incredible 20-year-old who has already added activist, author, nonprofit founder, and restauranteur to her impressive resume. Read more.
Add a Comment