What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 06/27/21
- Milan-based company Vegea has released new vegan “wine leather” made from pomace, the leftover stalks, pips, and skins of grapes used in wine production. Read more.
- National Eat Your Vegetables Day may have been earlier in June, but here are some delicious recipes to celebrate cooking with vegetables each and every day. Read more.
- Local PBS station WHYY is kicking off Summer with a special You Oughta Know episode that features two vegan Philadelphia-based sweet shops–Vannah Banana (a growing ice cream business) and Batter and Crumbs (an “unapologetically decadent” cake shop)–and some grilled veggie recipes. Read more.
- Here are 5 veggie-centered YouTube channels you should be following to help make plant-based cooking a breeze. Read more.
- A profile on Andrew Miele, a South Philly-based former tattoo artist who wrote the children’s book “What is a Vegan?” during the pandemic to help parents introduce the concept to their children. Read more.