What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 07/25/21
- An inside look at how vegan activists in Spain — a county famous for its love of meat — are stepping up to save farm animals. Read more.
- PETA is celebrating 20 years of annually naming beautiful vegans — Shania Twain was named the inaugural “Sexiest Vegetarian” in 2001 — with a mega-list of 20 celebrities from across the entertainment industry who are inspiring people around the world to keep animals off their plates. Read more.
- Popular footwear company Crocs has pledged to go vegan by the end of 2021, as a part of an overall plan to be a net-zero company by 2030. Read more.
- Calling all oreo fans! Nabisco has just launched a salted caramel brownie flavor, and it is one of the brand’s many accidentally vegan flavors. Read more.
- Olivia Newton-John, of Grease fame, has revealed she has switched to a plant-based diet while undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Newton-John has been diagnosed with cancer several times since 1992, and she has explored many alternative cancer treatments. Read more.