What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 08/08/21
- Highlighting new Philly-area restaurants offering vegan fare. Read more.
- The New York Times has announced that the NYT Cooking team will be debuting an all-vegetarian weekly newsletter. Additionally, the paper’s digital Cooking section will be allotting more space for plant-based recipes, reviews, and tips. Read more.
- An interview with “Queen of vegan cheese” Miyoko Schinner on how vegan cheese can be part of the solution to climate change. Read more.
- Newark native Adenah Bayoh recently opened vegan eatery Urban Vegan in her hometown. Her goal is to offer an affordable, innovative vegan menu made with locally sourced ingredients, as well as provide local residents a chance to earn a living wage. Read more.
- In an effort to avoid any potential compulsory COVID-19 vaccine mandates, some anti-vaxxers in the UK have been declaring themselves to be “vegan” on social media, although there is no indication that any of them have actually adopted a plant-based diet. Read more.