What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 08/29/21
- Huff and Puff BBQ has opened up in Center City with a bold claim of being the best place for barbeque in Philadelphia. While the restaurant isn’t vegan, half of the menu is, thanks to one of the founding partners being a lifelong vegetarian. Vegan options include cauliflower burnt ends, corn ribs, and smoked watermelon steak. Read more.
- Canadian speedeater Mike Jack, known for his Mike Jack Eats Heat YouTube channel, has officially broken 4 more food-based world records, including the most almonds eaten in a minute (32). Read more.
- To celebrate National Waffle Day on 8/24, Eggo released a limited edition vegetarian Chik’n and Waffles combo pack featuring vegan chicken from Morningstar Farms. Read more.
- Trader Joe’s has overhauled its popular vegan cream cheese recipe, swapping out soy for chickpea protein. Read more.
- Chicago Vegan Foods, best known for its Dandies line of vegan marshmallows, celebrated the company’s 20th anniversary on 8/27. The company has remained family-owned, self-funded, and continues to innovate with its veganized takes on comfort foods. Read more.