What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 10/10/21
- California-based startup MeliBio has unveiled the world’s first real honey made with a proprietary technology instead of bees. Founded in 2020, the startup has already raised $1.5 million from investors throughout the world. Read more.
- Denmark’s government has announced it will earmark over 1 billion kroner (approximately $117 million in USD) into plant-based foods. This is the largest investment into plant-based research and development ever undertaken by an EU country. Read more.
- There is apparently a nationwide animal-based bacon shortage. The Beet has rounded up three great plant-based alternative recipes you can make right at home. Read more.
- Cadbury is launching a plant-based version of the company’s classic chocolate bar in the UK. It will be almond-based and come in packaging made from 100% renewable sources. Read more.
- High school senior Belen Torres has been named the Vegetarian Resource Group’s 2021 Video Contest winner. Check out Belen’s award-winning short. Read more.