Versatile cauliflower can take center stage for dinner! Try these seasoned “steaks” for a dramatic supper.
- 2 Tablespoons vegan margarine, melted
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 head cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine melted vegan margarine, olive oil, and all spices. Stir until well mixed, the texture will be like a paste.
- Remove exterior leaves from cauliflower. Slice through the entire cauliflower vertically, making it into 6 steaks, each about 1 inch thick. Smear cauliflower slices with spice paste, coating both sides of each slice evenly. Place on prepared sheet pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes per side, flipping once during baking. Finished cauliflower should be tender and lightly browned. Serve warm with your preferred vegan side dishes or sauce.