What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 11/14/21
- London five-star hotel Claridge’s has rejected the vision of its restaurant’s head chef to veganize the menu. Chef Daniel Humm will part ways with the hotel at the end of the year. A source has suggested management was concerned “if they turn the restaurant vegan, they will upset thousands of regular guests.” Read more.
- Singer and prominent vegan activist Billie Eilish has launched a vegan milk chocolate bar in connection with her new album, “Happier Than Ever.” In addition to being rainforest alliance-certified and organic, the bar comes wrapped in a compostable cardboard box and nature flex foil made from sustainable raw materials. Read more.
- Sushi-grade vegan tuna made by San Francisco-based startup Kuleana has been named one of TIME magazine’s 100 best inventions of 2021. Read more.
- For the second consecutive year, Whole Foods Market is partnering with vegan superstar chef Chloe Coscarelli to offer a prepared vegan Thanksgiving meal exclusive to Whole Foods. The meal includes coconut sweet potato casserole and a cremini mushroom roast, and will be available for pickup nationwide until 11/23. Read more.
- McDonald’s locations in Australia have a new vegan option on the menu — oat milk from cult-favorite Australian brand MILKLAB. Read more.