What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 12/26/21
- Some tips and ideas for eating plant-based on a budget. Read more.
- The world’s first octopus farm is set to open in Spain in 2023, and is projected to produce 3,000 tons of aquaculture-born octopus meat a year. Both animal rights activists and academics are expressing serious concerns about the plan, citing both environmental and ethical concerns. Read more.
- Bon Appétit shares the site’s 10 most popular vegetarian recipes of 2021. Read more.
- Popular energy snack company Clif Bar is branching out to vegan jerky — for your dog. Treats in three flavors are expected to roll out in early 2022. Read more.
- One women’s diagnosis of “long COVID” in early 2021 prompted her to go vegan. Here she shares how it was one of the best decisions of her life. Read more.