St. Patrick’s Day is held annually on March 17th. Originally celebrating the Christian feast day for St. Patrick, it has become an annual celebration of Irish culture all over the world. No matter how you intend to celebrate in 2022, this round up provides all sorts of ideas. Sláinte!
- Check out the history and folklore of the holiday at the Farmers’ Almanac. Read more.
- Did you know that a shamrock and a four-leaf clover aren’t the same thing? Read more.
- Here are 9 things to do to celebrate with the whole family. Read more.
Ireland has been ranked among the top ten best countries globally for interest in vegetarianism. If you ever have the opportunity to visit, be sure to check out the following sites:
- Vegan Vs Travel has some great tips for travelling while vegan in Ireland. Read more.
- A website for Irish vegans by Irish vegans, Vegan Éire keeps readers up to date on news, events, and other vegan happenings around the country. Read more.
- HappyCow has over 1,000 listings on its website for vegetarian and vegan restaurants in Ireland. Read more.
While there are many meat and dairy dishes that are traditionally associated with Ireland, there are plenty that are either vegetarian to begin with or easily customized for a plant-based palate. Rolls up your sleeves, and try some St. Patrick’s-inspired veg cuisine!
- Here are 28 fun vegan St. Patrick’s Day recipes from The Green Loot — mostly green, of course 🙂 Read more.
- From cocktails to soup and cabbage to dessert, The Spruce Eats has 22 Ireland-inspired veg recipes to celebrate. Read more.
- Fork Over Knives has 36 green and easy recipes that are both great-tasting and healthy. Read more.