What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 05/29/22
- Eater rounds up the best vegan options for all your plant-based cheese needs. Read more.
- Researchers at Cambridge University analyzed over 2,000 medieval-era skeletons to determine their diets and found that most people of this era, kings included, ate a predominantly vegetarian diet. Read more.
- Dr. Joe DeMarco recently smashed the world record for pushups in a given timeframe. The 57-year-old vegan chiropractor and retired bodybuilder completed 21,008 pushups in 12 hours. He dedicated his success to his rescue dog, Buddha, and is donating proceeds from a fundraiser connected to the Guinness World Record attempt-turned-triumph to a no-kill animal shelter. Read more.
- Have leftover banana peels? Don’t throw them out — try turning them into delicious vegan pulled pork. Read more.
- Meet Oksana Kopanitsyna, a Ukrainian refugee currently in Wales who is having difficulty finding a vegan-friendly home in which to shelter. Read more.