(Makes about 1 cup (or 6 to 8 servings))
Spread this luscious concoction on fresh whole grain bread. Use leftovers for spreading on whole grain crackers or toasted Italian bread.
- ¾ cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-cured)
- ⅓ cup toasted slivered or sliced almonds
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh basil or ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅓ cup water, or as needed
If the dried tomatoes you are using aren’t moist, soak them in hot water for about 10 minutes, and drain.
Combine the dried tomatoes with the remaining ingredients in a food processor. Pulse on and off until the mixture is coarsely but evenly puréed, with a texture similar to pesto. Add a few more drops of water if needed. Transfer the mixture to a small lidded container to transport.
|Total calories per serving: 68||Fat: 5 grams|
|Carbohydrates: 5 grams||Protein: 2 grams|
|Sodium: 142 milligrams||Fiber: 1 gram|
Recipe from the Vegetarian Resource Group