What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 10/03/21
- Eminem has opened a vegan-friendly restaurant in his Detroit hometown. Named for a line in his hit “Lose Yourself,” the restaurant is past-based and serves vegan “rabbit” meatballs. Read more.
- A new study from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champian suggests that eating an avocado a day can help reabsorb belly fat in women. Read more.
- Sticky Fingers Bakery has been around for over 20 years, and recently expanded to digital retail space. The veritable DC institution is now shipping its popular vegan ready-to-eat treats, baking mixes, and decorating kits nationwide. Read more.
- Here are 4 of the best immune-boosting mushrooms you should consider adding to your diet. Read more.
- A ground-breaking study has linked vegan meat to better gut health. The study followed 40 participants between the ages of 18 and 55 for 4 weeks, with one group replacing meat in some of their weekly meals. Read more.