(Serves 6 to 8)
This relish-like salad is as colorful as it is tasty.
- 4 cups thawed frozen or cooked fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears’ worth)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup finely diced dill pickle
- 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple or rice syrup
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or ½ teaspoon dill seed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
Combine corn, peppers, cabbage, and pickles in a mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, syrup, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper, and stir until well blended. Pour the dressing over the corn mixture and toss well. If time allows, cover and marinate, refrigerated, for an hour or two. Stir occasionally to distribute the marinade.
Pack into a tightly lidded plastic container to transport.
|Total calories per serving: 155||Fat: 6 grams|
|Carbohydrates: 26 grams||Protein: 4 grams|
|Sodium: 103 milligrams||Fiber: 4 grams|
Recipe from the Vegetarian Resource Group