Plant-Based In The News…
- 13-year-old vegan activist Genesis Butler is officially a Marvel superhero. Butler, who runs the nonprofit Genesis for Animals, was recently featured on Marvel Hero Project, a Disney+ series that showcases young, real-life heroes making a difference in their communities.
- VegNews profiles 15 vegan women activists of color you definitely need to have on your radar #WomensHistoryMonth
- A vegan creme egg called the Chuckie Egg, made by UK company Mummy Meagz, is selling out throughout the country in the lead up to Easter. One store reports it has sold at least one of the vegan treats every 30 seconds since January 2020.
- Seafood brand Bumble Bee Foods has announced a joint venture partnership with Gather Foods, which includes the vegan seafood brand Good Catch Foods. While it doesn’t mean Bumble Bee is going plant-based, this marks the first time a major seafood brand has partnered with a vegan company and will result in Good Catch leveraging Bumble Bee’s sales, distribution, and logistics expertise to make its vegan products accessible to a wide range of customers at affordable prices.
- Eater Philadelphia just released an updated list of the best 24 places to get a vegan meal in Philly. Road trip anyone?