What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 11/08/20
- Mrs. Goldfarb’s Unreal Deli recently appeared on the popular television show Shark Tank. During the vegan company’s presentation, investor Mark Cuban committed $250,000 in funding to help expand operations. Read article.
- PlantX, dubbed the “vegan Amazon,” has announced plans to open a 4,515 square foot flagship store in San Diego in an effort to expand its already booming online presence. Read article.
- A new documentary will soon be released, focusing on the life and activism of Regan Russell, a Canadian longtime animal rights activist who was struck by a transport truck earlier this year while protesting outside a slaughterhouse. Read article.
- The fascinating 400+ year history of nut milk in the Americas. Not a fad, and certainly not new! Read article.
- American Idol season 3 winner Fantasia Barrino Taylor has announced she and her family have “gone vegan.” She has been chronicling her plant-based journey on Instagram, sharing recipes and tips with her 4.2 million followers. Read article.