What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 01/24/21
- 26-year-old Chrissy Tracey is the first vegan chef to become a cast member in the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen. Tracey also owns and operates Vegan Vibes Meal Prep. Read more.
- Herban-Eats has become the latest company to receive a grant from Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD initiative and the NAACP. The $10,000 grant was awarded as part of The Black-Owned Small Business Impact Fund’s fourth round of funding. Read more.
- Vegan TikToker That Vegan Teacher‘s video asking celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay to go vegan has racked up over 100,000 views. Ramsay, in his typical brash style, responded by eating a beef burger on camera. Read more.
- French restaurant ONA (an acronym that translates into “Animal-Free Origin” in English) has become the first vegan restaurant in France to be awarded a Michelin star. Read more.
- VegNews has rounded up a list of 8 inspiring vegans over the age of 50. Read more.