What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 06/13/21
- Researchers at the University of Cambridge have created a plant-based, sustainable polymer material. Mimicking spider silk properties, the material is quite strong, and will eventually be used to replace single-use plastics. Read more.
- An interview with Dale Vince, owner of the first “vegan football club,” the Forest Green Rovers. The West England-based team was recently recognized by the United Nations for its leading role in setting goals to tackle climate change. Read more.
- American Idol star Fantasia Taylor recently threw a vegan baby shower to celebrate the impending birth of her daughter. She teamed up with celebrity chef Chef Joya to create a plant-based menu. Check it out here. Read more.
- Popular food writer and chef Anna Jones on sustainability, vegetarian cooking, and how she believes the pandemic has changed cooking forever. Read more.
- One dietitian and mother’s personal thoughts on why she is raising her kids on a plant-based diet. Read more.