What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 11/07/21
- Climate change summit COP26 is currently underway in Glasgow, Scotland, a gathering of 20,000 heads of state, diplomats, and activists. However, only about one-third of the expected participants are expected to be women. Here is a powerful argument for listening to women if we want a sustainable, liveable world. Read more.
- Bernat Añaños Martinez, co-founder of Spanish vegan meat brand Heura Foods, spoke out this past week during COP26 on how irresponsible it is that organizers have not centralized global meat consumption in the event’s conversation. “Animal meat is obsolete.” Read more.
- A round-up of must-see documentaries that might just change the way you eat. Read more.
- Eric L. Adams is officially the first vegan mayor of New York City! Adams has been a vegan since 2016, and spoke frequently about his health journey throughout his mayoral campaign. Read more.
- A vegetarian for 26 years, including the last 6 as a vegan, here is one woman’s thoughts on what she is tired of hearing from non-vegetarians. Read more.