What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 07/17/22
- VegNews rounds up the best vegan food news of the week. Read more.
- Turkey has announced a ban on the production and sale of plant-based cheese, stating “products that give the impression of cheese cannot be produced using vegetable oil or other food ingredients” because it could mislead and confuse consumers. Read more.
- Meet Rabbi Akiva Gersh, better known as the “Vegan Rabbi.” Read more.
- Vegan pâtisserie is having quite a moment in France. The Guardian takes a look at this new generation of pastry chefs veganizing classics that taste better than the originals, and wooing non-vegans in the process. Read more.
- Thor star Chris Hemsworth reportedly gave up eating meat for a short time during filming of the latest installment so that he could give a “vegan”kiss” to co-star and vegan activist Natalie Portman. Read more.