What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 11/29/20
- After Kamala Harris shared her ‘family’s favorite’ meaty cornbread dressing on social media, thousands commented on the post, requesting the Vice President-Elect ditch animal products. “Please,” wrote one poster, “the whole world is counting on you to take climate change and animal cruelty seriously.” Read more.
- Vegan influencer and actress Tabitha Brown recently appeared on Ellen alongside actress Tiffany Haddish to prepare several of her recipes, including the carrot bacon that went viral on TikTok earlier in 2020. Read more.
- To celebrate ThanksVegan, PETA teamed up with self-described “artivist” Nikkolas Smith for a diverse, animal-free reimagining of Norman Rockwell’s iconic painting “Freedom From Want.” Read more.
- Chef Ed Harris, of Food Network fame, has a new cookbook out called Veganish. Everything in the cookbook is vegan, but Harris sees “veganish” as a friendlier term for those intimidated by the concept of veganism. Read more.
- Indian actress Richa Chadha has won the Best Vegan Style Icon Award at PETA’s Vegan Fashion Awards 2020, hosted virtually this year due to the ongoing pandemic. Read more.