What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 01/10/21
- Third-generation baker Mindy Greenberg has reopened an old-school Philadelphia bakery as Bessie & Izzy, a vegan cookie shop now shipping all-natural and organic vegan goodies across the United States and Canada. Read more.
- Rihanna and Jay-Z are among recent investors in Partake, a female, BIPOC-owned vegan cookie company that recently secured $4.8 million in funding. Partake founder Denise Woodward stands as the first woman of color to raise over $1 million for a food startup. Read more.
- Popular beauty brand Aveda is now truly cruelty-free. After a mass reformulation of more than 500 products, the company has announced it has gone fully vegan in 2021, ditching all animal-derived ingredients. Read more.
- In the mood for something creamy and vegan on a cold winter’s night? Bon Appetit has some ideas on the magical combination of coconut milk, miso, and nutritional yeast to make vegan creamed anything. Read more.
- Breyers ice cream brand has launched two new vegan flavors at stores nationwide. Chocolate Chocolate Chip and Mint Chocolate Chip are both almond milk-based, and join Oreo Cookies & Cream and Vanilla Peanut Butter already on store shelves. Read more.