What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 02/07/21
- Inauguration poet Amanda Gorman is being celebrated this Black History Month by Black-owned vegan brand Maya’s Cookies. Gorman’s namesake cookie has a lemon raspberry base with chunks of white chocolate. The brand ships nationwide. Read more.
- British mother Simone Roberts shares her secrets of how she feeds her family of seven healthy nutritious meals on a weekly budget of about $34 in American dollars. Read more.
- NJ Senator Cory Booker has become the first vegan appointed to the Senate Agriculture Committee. Booker went vegan in 2014 and is a longtime advocate for reforming agricultural systems, particularly factory farming. Read more.
- Beyond Meat has announced plans to move to a new 300,000-square-foot headquarters facility in El Segundo, CA that will be LEED-certified and support both additional product lines and research space. Read more.
- Scientists have just discovered a new plant-derived antiviral drug that appears to effectively treat coronavirus symptoms. Read more.