What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 02/14/21
- The Philadelphia Inquirer samples the best vegan fried chicken sandwiches Phily has to offer. Read more.
- Rob Zombie discusses why he sees veganism not only as critical to his health, but necessary to fighting the establishment. “Dannon [sponsoring] pink ribbon walks [for breast cancer] is like Marlboro sponsoring the lung society,” the musician and filmmaker said. Read more.
- Later this month, Vegan Women Summit will host the world’s first virtual job-networking event dedicated to vegan employers from around the world. The job fair aims to help vegan companies make their workforces more inclusive. Read more.
- Vegan NBA star Chris Paul has announced his new partnership with goPuff, an online marketplace. Paul said, “I’m passionate about the benefits of a plant-based diet and look forward to working with goPuff to build out their plant-based offerings to include a selection of my favorite brands, many of which are Black- and Brown-owned, onto their platform today.” Read more.
- An anonymous Kansas City Chiefs fan has donated $100,00 to PETA in honor of an interception by Cheifs player Tyrann Mathieu during last week’s Super Bowl game that was nullified by the refs. Mathieu has used his celebrity to be a vocal supporter of animal rights, including appearing in several PETA videos. “This winter will be a little less cold for neglected ‘backyard dogs,’ thanks to Tyrann — PETA’s MVP for helping the Most Vulnerable Pups,” said PETA Vice President Lisa Lange in a statement. Read more.