What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 05/22/22
- Pinky Cole, founder of growing vegan empire Slutty Vegan, had a surprise for the graduating class of Clark Atlanta University. During her commencement speech, Cole announced that she was gifting all graduates their own LLCs, and encouraged them to go down an entrepreneurship path. Read more.
- Looking to revamp your hair routine? VegOut rounds up 14 brands for all your vegan hair care needs. Read more.
- Whether you’re looking for vegan bagels or plant-based pastrami, here is an extensive list of vegan Jewish delis and bakeries across the country, including a few in our area. Read more.
- Actor Robert Downey Jr. is investing in Motif Foodworks, a food tech company committed to improving sustainability in the food system. “By focusing on both better tasting and healthier options, Motif is not only making a difference in products today but reimagining the future of tomorrow’s plant-based foods,” Downey said. Read more.
- The Vegan Association of Turkey has filed suit against the Turkish Council of Higher Education. The lawsuit argues that vegan college students’ human rights are being violated due to the lack of vegan food options available at the country’s 205 universities. Read more.